The listed times are when the pool is available to us; the pool building is typically open
beforehand. Sometimes we start a game right away, sometimes we do a warm-up. If you haven't
played before, please arrive on time, or early, so we can help you get geared up.
On Fridays, we run our Children's Underwater Hockey
Adult Practices at King Pool
5701 3rd St
(At Carroll Ave, near Candlestick Park)
At King the front door is normally closed; enter the unmarked double green door on the south side of the building on Carroll Ave, near 3rd St.
Monday tends to be our fastest game, but new players are welcome. People with some snorkeling skills, or lots of swimming experience, can jump right in. Sometimes we have enough people to have separate beginner and advanced games. (Pool doors open at 7:15pm.)
Warm up in the shallow end starting 8pm (don't go behind the water polo game). We get the entire pool and start our game at 8:30pm. This practice has a mix of experienced players and rookies.
How Much Does It Cost?
Please pay online where you can see suggested amounts
Children's Team Practices
This program is a joint collaboration between San Francisco Sea Lions and SF Recreation and Parks
- We welcome all children between 9 and 14 years old, provided they are able to swim 4 x 25 yards without stopping (form and style don't matter) and tread water for 1 minute.
- Children need to be at poolside at 6:30pm. They are in the water until
8:30pm. Parents must pick them up immediately afterwards.
- Parents do not need to stay during practice. Bleacher seats are available for those who do.
- We provide equipment to beginner players!
- Players that have been in the program for more than 6 months are expected to buy their own gear. See Gear for Children for advice on what to buy.
- The program is currently free, a small fee will be implemented soon.
- Every coach has had their background approved for working with children by the city R&P department.
Other Underwater Hockey Clubs Nearby
San Jose, Menlo Park
for up-to-date information.
Santa Rosa and Sebastopol
for more information.
Sacramento Underwater Hockey is temporarily suspended. If you are
interested in playing or starting a session or club in the Sacramento or
other place in California, please contact the Regional Development Director
If you looking for other clubs in the Bay Area, or anywhere else in the country (or the world), the Underwater Hockey Tourist
is a great resource.